8/26/2012

How could a child do the almost impossible?



I need to tell you just how fantastic the human mind can be sometimes. This is my story about the words that made me quit smoking.



After smoking for 18 years it sure is hard to quit. It takes a lot to get rid of such a bad habit and addiction. I had lots of attempts to quit during my years as a smoker. I spent lots of money on different courses and I even tried pills to cure my addiction to the cigarettes.



What I managed a few times was to pause for a few days, and even for week before I started puffing again. I got to the point where I could not play with the kids or do my workouts without coughing very badly. Actually I did feel in bad shape and admitted that I was, I just never admitted the reason for my bad condition. I know that the results came from many years of smoking, but at that time I did not want to face the facts. My condition was slowly broken down by the cigarettes and that was probably the reason I did not want to admit the hard facts I was told.



Enough about my condition, I wanted to quit anyway. It's not just damaging for the body. It's not good for the environment around me, and the people who's in it. On top of that, I paid about $30 a day to destroy my own body. Can you see any logic in that? Well, I probably did. Even with the pills my doctor gave me I managed to keep on smoking. He told me that it was almost impossible, but I made it anyway.



The words from my daughter.



After 18 years of smoking my eyes was opened. I had an experience that really changed my opinion and my mindset about smoking. One day my daughter sat down beside me and looked very serious and worried. She was 6 years old at that time and said:



"Dad, do you know that the smoke will kill you? I read it on your cigarette box!"



I had no answer to this, but that was not needed. She continued:



"When I get a baby you will be a dead grandfather. I don't want you to die dad!"



I was speechless. I had nothing to say and just sat there watching my little daughters worried face and sad eyes. At that moment I decided to do whatever needed to get rid of my addiction to cigarettes.



My mindset was changed in seconds because of a few words from my child. That day I made a plan on how to become a non-smoker, and I made it.
Posted by Admin On 4:02 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive