4/29/2013

I choked down at least a pack of cigarettes for a little over 15 years and walked away, without much of a problem at all. Through me successfully stopping smoking, I learned a couple of things that I think might help you in your quest to quit smoking. I'm assuming that you're interested in quitting smoking, because you're reading this article. I heard an interesting quote once that most certainly pertains to this topic, "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.".



The biggest single thing I did before I actually quit smoking was to change the way I thought about smoking. For example, rather than engaging in all the conversations and talk about how difficult stopping smoking was going to be, I simply refused to accept this as a truth. I said things like, "quitting smoking is going to be simple and easy and no problem at all." This may sound absurd, but it's what I did. I literally changed the way I looked at smoking, and soon the act of smoking changed.



This went on for six or eight months, and something amazing happened in the process. Cigarettes started to become truly disgusting to me. I began noticing how terrible I smelled after smoking and how I would become "winded" after the slightest physical excursion. The negative aspects of smoking became much more prevalent to me. The way I thought and was thinking about smoking was changing. Then something interesting happened.



I went into my pocket to grab a smoke and there was only one left. Rather than buying a new pack, I took that cigarette out, looked at it, and said to myself, "this is it". I smoked that cigarette and haven't smoked since. I changed the way I thought about smoking and the act of smoking changed. No pills, patches, drugs, or gum. It was over; I was no longer a smoker. The best way to stop smoking is to change your thinking about smoking; it's as simple as that.
Posted by Admin On 12:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive