12/06/2013

"If the WHY is strong enough, the HOW will take care of itself"



Be really honest now in answering the following question. Why do you want to quit smoking? Is it for health reasons, for your kids, to save money? Is it for all those reasons and more?



The most important stop smoking tip is to find the real reason for you wanting to quit, otherwise all your efforts and hard work may be for nothing. You see, unless we truly are motivated and our sub-conscious mind accepts this, we will go in the direction of our goals, but fall at the first hurdle.



Quitting smoking needs a massive amount of motivation. So, let's get right to the heart of your WHY. On a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being the most) how motivated are you? If you are not at least a 7, you are not ready!



If you are not quite ready, write a list of the reasons you want to quit. Take a good hard look at those reasons and be honest with yourself. Do you really want to quit? On your list are there reasons like: My partner thinks I should quit? Or I suppose it's not healthy for me? If so, you are NOT ready.



Write yourself another list entitled 'Reasons I enjoy smoking'. See how easily those reasons come. If you can easily write 10 reasons you enjoy smoking but are finding it hard to come up with 10 reasons to quit - then you are NOT ready!



I have my hypnotherapy clients carry out this task before I agree to work with them and if they can list ten reasons why they enjoy smoking; I send them away and tell them to save their money. Nothing is going to help them to stop smoking because they are NOT ready.
Posted by Admin On 3:02 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive