9/17/2013

My best friend was a two pack a day smoker and I was always on his back about quit smoking, I was genuinely worried about his health. He had recently started to cough on a regular basis, and even he who used to laugh it off and said he would live to 100, had recently started to show his concern. He had started smoking mainly due to pier pressure in his teens, back then it was the cool thing to do. He has a fairly high-pressure sales job and he said it helped to relieve the pressure and stress.



I pointed out, he would not have to worry about the pressure of his job if he were holed up in some hospital with heart problems or some terrible cancer. So I got on the net and downloaded some good info on the effects of smoking, lobbed at his house and gave it to him, I said I was not going home until he read it. It was weird, he had started off laughing and mucking around a bit, saying he was going to build a chimney out the top of his head to let the smoke out easier.



Anyway over a beer he started to read the info I had given him, and as he started to get into it, he looked quite serious and worried and finally said "Maybe I had better stop joking about it eh" and I agreed. Anyway I'm pleased to say that the message finally got through and he said he definitely wanted to quit. And in the coming weeks he gave it a real shot but was having trouble. He said that he had tried to do it without help but could only last for about a week before the nicotine withdrawal kicked in and he bought another packet and started up again.



Then a work colleague told him about the herbal pills that he had used and had worked great. He was serious about kicking the habit and figured it was worth giving them a shot. He had heard about the nicotine patches but did not know anyone that had tried them, so he decided he would go with the recommendation and try the herbal pills first.



I caught up with him at another friend's party, it was six weeks after he started taking them. I was surprised that he was not smoking anymore and knocked back a smoke when he was offered one, saying he was a non-smoker now. I had a bit of a chuckle because I knew up until recently he was a two pack a day smoker. But I had to admire his turn around and was impressed with how the herbal pills had helped him break the nicotine addition, his cough had gone and he said that actually felt healthier already, and he did.



He had been a heavy smoker for more than 10 years and was able to quit smoking with the help of herbal pills.
Posted by Admin On 8:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive