9/28/2013

Many smokers who find it difficult to quit have been asking what is the best and easiest way to quit smoking. Well, being a former smoker myself, I have the same dilemma before and I think there is no such thing as the "best and easiest" way to quit smoking because one individual varies from the other. Although I won't deny the fact that the best way or method to quit smoking for good is by quitting cold turkey but reality will tell you that this method is not for everyone. Why? Because each smoker is different from one another and their response to the treatment you will give them like "quit cold turkey" will vary based on the individual's experience, thinking, reasoning and other factors that would determine their success or failure.



Stop Smoking Aids



The foremost stop smoking aids being used today are Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) particularly the gum and patches, take note that electronic cigarettes are not approved medicinal NRT. Although many ex-smokers have claimed that these products have helped them quit smoking for good, many smokers are skeptic in using them. Well we can't blame them, injecting nicotine directly into the smokers' body of course will cause fear and doubts. And how could you stop nicotine addiction by using another product that delivers nicotine? Well these circumstances should be directly addressed to help the smoker quit especially if the smoker has failed to quit so many times on his own.



How Does Nicotine Patches Work



When you use nicotine patches, you will undergo a therapy which they call steps. Each step, which usually is from 1 - 6 weeks, allows you to use a patch daily with a certain dose of nicotine. As you move from step one to the following step, the content of nicotine in the patch gradually lessens. This will go on until the smoker reaches the last step and will be able to control the addiction and withdrawal symptoms brought by nicotine and will help him quit smoking for good. But keep in mind that your success in quitting smoking will depend largely based on your determination and commitment. Nicotine patches will only help you and will not in any way help determine the outcome of your success and failure in quitting. And please consult your physician first before using them.



How It Helped Me Quit Smoking for Good



When I finally decided to quit, after smoking for 22 years, I failed so many times but I never gave up and kept on quitting. Each time I failed to quit cold turkey, my determination grew stronger which lead me eventually to use quit smoking aids particularly the patches. Although I was also skeptic in using them I have no other choice but to try them. I used the patch for several days, but did not finish the program. In less than 7 days, I discarded the remaining patches and continued quitting on my own. I finally got the break that I needed and I was able to stop smoking for good.
Posted by Admin On 8:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive