11/21/2013

Are you looking for the best way to stop smoking? If your answer is yes, then you will probably want to hear my story out. I was once a smoker - a heavy one- for as long as I could remember. I started smoking back when I was still a kid, when I was in sixth-grade, and it got worse when I hit my puberty in seventh-grade. Most of my friends smoked then, and it was just plain cool and rewarding to hear your friends complimented you on your bravado, when they told you that you had "finally" become a man by putting those cancer sticks between your lips and started smoking.



At one point in time, I decided that I had to stop. It was hard, and it was a tough time for me. There were times when I relapsed and went back straight to my smoking habit, which soon became an on and off thing for me. After some time, I finally managed to stop and I haven't been smoking again now for five long years (I'm thirty years of age, by the way). I have finally become a smoke-free man, and I want to share with you five exceptional tips to help you stop smoking - for good.



One thing that you need to know is, if you decide to quit smoking, don't think that it's going to be easy. Stop smoking is a difficult (and more often than not - challenging) journey to be made, and it involves dealing with both physical and mental addiction of the long-ingrained habit.



This will be a constant battle for you, and you will need all the help you can get to triumph over your addiction, and that's why this article is written - to help you through that difficult times ahead. Here we go, the best way to stop smoking is by implementing these five tips in your daily life:



1) Set up a smoke-free condition
Obviously, you don't want to expose yourself to the temptation of smoking by hanging out with your smoking buddies. Do not even inhale the smoke, if you can, just avoid it at all cost. Remember, you're just starting to quit and you're very vulnerable at this point, so don't think that you can manage to handle yourself shall the urge arises.



2) All your smoking stuffs must go
You name it - ashtray, leftover cigarettes, lighter, matches, everything that will remind you of smoking belongs in the dump. You're starting a new life. Throw out the old one away - you're turning over a new leaf.



3) When cravings hit, occupy yourself with something else to do
Work out at the gym, have a hot and steamy sex, knit, watch that new episode of "The Walking Dead" - whatever suits you. Just do something else and take your mind off your cravings. You need to get physical and get that blood flow going to help you cope with the cravings.



4) Nibble at nutritious snacks to cope with your oral fixation
Sometimes you'll feel a craving to put something between your lips or into your mouth. This is perfectly natural, and you should be prepared beforehand. Try keeping nutritious snack with you at all times - try pistachio nuts, sunflower seeds, sugar-free candies or gum, carrot or celery sticks. Some people use electronic cigarettes, but I don't actually recommend using them. They will just bring the old memories back. You're trying to start a new life, not reminiscing the old one. When it comes to dealing with oral fixation, in my opinion, eating healthy food is the best way to stop smoking.



5) Save all the money you usually spent on cigarettes, and put the container in a highly visible location.
Keep track of the money you've saved, and put the money container somewhere you can see clearly. When it's full, reward yourself by spending the money on whatever you prefer, because you deserve it. Go on a holiday. Buy yourself that stuff you always wanted but you could never afford - because you usually spent all your money on cigarettes. Yeah, don't you feel so good now?



There you go, all five tips to help you quit smoking. I have personally done these five tips and they have worked wonders for me, and I hope they will help you as well.



Before you go though, there's one thing I'd like to tell you.
Posted by Admin On 7:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive