11/23/2012

When I was struggling with nicotine, I tried literally all the stop-smoking products on the market. I tried gums, patches, lozenges, prescription medications, inhalers, nasal sprays, and a range of stop-smoking herbs. They all worked to varying degrees, but none of them were permanent solutions to my problem. No matter what I'd try, it was only a matter of time before I relapsed into my old addiction. Whether it took a week or six months, these quit-smoking aids always failed me.



The Importance of Determination



The main reason why nothing worked is obvious. Apparently, I just didn't have the will and determination needed to quit. If I'd felt deeply certain that I was going to succeed in my quitting, then I'm sure any of these quitting methods could have done the trick.



In the end, the quit-smoking aids you choose to use are not important. If you have determination and the certainty that you want to quit, these products are practically unnecessary. Sure, it may make you feel better to use something to help you along your path. But the fact is that the best stop smoking aid is your own mind. If you don't have the will to succeed, it's just not going to happen.



Which Stop-Smoking Products Work?



A small percentage of the people who try nicotine replacement products have success. Things like the gum and patches work by delivering nicotine into your body through means other than cigarettes. Which is fine in the short-term, but what happens a few weeks down the line when you're still addicted to nicotine and you have a stressful day? Are you really going to be satisfied with a piece of gum? This is the problem that many people run into.



Prescription quit-smoking aids have been known to help as well, but you can only get them through your doctor, and there's a good chance that your doctor won't want to prescribe them for you. After all, they're serious medications with real side effects. From your doctor's perspective, why put a patient through that when there are other ways to quit smoking?



I did have surprising success with stop-smoking herbs, but, as with many herbal products, it was hard to tell if the results were real or just a placebo effect. In the end, I relapsed back into smoking.



Quit Without Products



In reality, the best way to quit is to forget about stop-smoking products entirely and go cold turkey. If you don't think you have the strength to face up to this, you can try one of the alternative treatments used to make cold-turkey quitting go over easier.



For example, you could try to stop smoking with hypnosis. This is what worked for me, so I'm biased in favor of it. You might have doubts about hypnosis, as many people do, but believe me, it works. It enables you to go cold turkey with strength and determination. It shortens your withdrawal period, reduces your cravings, and makes you feel like you never want to smoke again.
Posted by Admin On 7:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Blog Archive